Friday, December 27, 2013

Getting All My Anxiety Out Now

what am I facing before this challenge?
My Leg! -_-
I've been having serious issues with my right leg. Last summer I think it started with a small tear during hot yoga in my hamstring. I wrote it off, ignored it, and continued to dance and workout. Last December I completely pulled my left hamstring  and took me about two-three months to fully recover. I suspect I overcompensated a lot on my right leg because I kind of had to and unconsciously made some things worse in my right leg.

I've took a semester off from dancing to focus on my major studies since I've finished my minor in dance anyway=lack of fluid movement on a daily basis. I do yoga every now and then, but not enough as I should to keep up with how flexible I used to be. My right hamstring has gotten tight and a bit annoying and bothersome.
"Pain" Is a very serious word for me so I'll say it is causing me discomfort on a scale of 1-10 about a 6-7.

First the insertion point near my medial tendon started bothering me the most. Then the entire hamstring. I can feel it a little in my calf, but not at lot. Recently though I have been getting these really bad pains in my foot (all on the same side) that take me about 1-2days of rest to get rid of. So I'm assuming this is an alignment issue. Why?

When I walk downstairs my knee pops repetitively.
When I squat now my knee pops repetitively.
When I jog, same thing.

I would go to a physical therapist, but they may not be able to tell me the problem since I don't have an injury. And to be honest since i'm so mentally ready for january I would wait on therapy if I could still keep moving. Because I'm stubborn. and I really want to complete this challenge I've worked so hard to plan. And it's the one time I have a break from school besides summer and I don't want to wait that long.

So here we go!: I might go get a consultation from Athletico…
then i'll do my own therapy if they don't think it's too detrimental.
-Theraband exercises for your ankles and feet
-Foot roller
-power walking for 30mins a day
-step ups
-single legged deadlifts
-flatback leg lifts
-hip thrusts
-foam roll


I'm doing this challenge.
I'm going to stop stressing about the "what could happens" and keep it moving.
I'll try my best to take care of myself and listen to my body and support system as much as I can even if it means taking a rest day when I don't want to.
Whatever happens along the way…I'll deal with it.
I refuse to let this ruin or impede my progress because that would be the easy way out.
Easy doesn't bring results.
Because I'm a champion….and champions do not believe in defeat.

#cuzIwantItThatBad



Shi

1 comment:

  1. It just occurred to me that I have been deadlifting in nike frees and they have a slight elevation which is probably making my hamstring tighten even more under pressure and messing up my alignment. The terror. I can handle this and I will fix this. Shoes off and get my knee to quit poppin all over the place. The mission.

    ReplyDelete