Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 1-How Yesterday Went

CurveBall!!!

Nothing went according to planned...why? My knee :(

I visited the physical therapist for a free consultation and we (well, I did) that I'm having an alignment issue. Let's go down the list of things that could have possibly contributed to this and now it is affecting me in the long run:
-deadlifting in nike airs (wasn't informed that I should do it barefoot instead) 
-standing awkwardly for about 7years of my life and a contorted "looks like I have to pee" position (it was so comfortable
-strain in my hamstring from Hot Yoga last year that I never let fully heal
-overcompensating when I pulled my other hamstring 
-being born completely flat foot (thought it was okay and since I was born that way it shouldn't be an issue) 
-not stretching my ankles and feet adequately over the years as a dancer, baby yogi, and martial artist
-not taking dance classes last semester

So the thing that made the most sense to me was when ankle hurts it's usually something wrong with your knee. If it's your knee then it's your hip. The other thing I learned was that when your knees track over your toes it is supposed to be over your third and fourth toe..not your big toe. Nobody told me this in my entire life.


So I need to strengthen the muscles around my knee, hip, and ankle, and stretch my feet better (because I've been having pain there too). So I went home and figured out a new plan. 

#imnotgivingup
Shi



No comments:

Post a Comment